Friday, October 30, 2009

Cruising Men In Sauna

New Road Valparaiso website Carnaval Mil Tambores


Love your village and you will be universal. Leo Tolstoy


long time he was working on this project. I really wanted to renew the old website Road Valparaiso, who had already served his time. However, I wanted keep the initial concept through deeper and modify the graph.

Whenever I faced the design of my website I plan to do, more than a place on my small business of City Tours, one that highlights the city and its attractions to position it as a tourist destination. Of course the end of all are my routes and my offers. Marketing is implemented, I am an entrepreneur and looking for my options.

But it is also a way to share, to become part of the process that exists in the city. To gather in one place a long time internet browsing and collect lots of interesting information.

Already in my first site, looking for something similar. The effect was very good and impressive ranking in Google. Had a history, safety pins, parts lists, etc.. The best was a map that I designed block by block, to transform it into an interactive map that became the star of the site. By that time I had no idea what it was or meant Internet. I thought so, but could not get to understand its scope, only sensed it. That design that no longer exists was made without having the slightest idea what it means to navigate. Also had no knowledge of graphic software to design web sites. I managed and Soft Line Mauricio Henríquez was carried out, fully respecting the original design.
I've always liked
autonomy and not having to depend on anyone's hands. If I can make myself better. I braced myself, I learned, I practiced to be ready to face the new design I am presenting.

As I am tour guide, I can not leave my professional bias aside and be guided by the new site.


Home: Two menu options to navigate to same pages and the presentation of the most important items. The site is in three languages, the most requested by passengers who are coming to Valparaiso and to extend basic information about the city. We have always thought that an English version and is not well enough. Will open new markets for Valparaiso if things easier for those seeking information.

History: For my work as a guide, I've always wanted lots of information on the Internet. Surely all the tour guides do. I always thought it would be good to find a compilation of information in one place. Something that would facilitate things or the tip of a thread to pull the information and simply unwind. Also share these years of sailing to those who need it. To my fellow guides will send you the link on this page to find what they seek in terms of historical information. Also, I like to imagine the idea of \u200b\u200beducational input on Valparaiso. Much is said that not educated on the city and its heritage. The time line is designed and has easy to use reference information on the historical fact followed by a link to delve into the issue if desired. For homework, study or simple interest, time line will help a lot since the discovery, through the pirates, elevators, Flach submarine, Panama Canal and appointment of an area as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

Valparaiso Info: is my favorite of the entire site. Designing information about Valparaiso, explain what it is and what the city is a pleasure for me. A beautiful panoramic photograph of the city taken by one of my passengers cause the same effect as when I start my circuits in the viewpoint from which it was taken. The first meeting with Valparaiso.
photos, technical specifications and my favorite section, experiences from Buenos Aires.

This section is a compilation of things and activities that become large safety pins (Highlights) for those who want to experience the city. Are details of our own identity, one that interests me both validate.
Put it this way: when you visit a famous city in the world, including Rio de Janeiro or Paris, just to see an important place, its iconographic tourism and the presence or, better yet, touch it, you say. I was there !!!!!. That's what happens with Christ the Redeemer in Rio and the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
In Valparaiso we have not yet placed there iconography. Exists, but is not positioned a world in a way that translates itself that the city is. Of course the lifts are the place that synthesize themselves, like logo, which is Valparaiso. But I doubt it happens that some Berlin or New York to show her a picture of an elevator and say: Ahhhhhh!! It Valparaíso - Chile.
So are a number of safety pins or activities which may be of interest to excite and engage foreign publics.
photos, text and short videos account for some of the many things that define us as a city and identity. Of course there are many more but these are what I found out and are also interesting I usually show in my circuits. From an elevator ride, passing through the famous tour boat in the bay, traditional pubs, The Chorrillana, New Year's Eve at sea.

Interactive Map: Google's technology and its many possibilities left outdated map that I drew my old block by block. I added the Google map to my site which gives the possibility to see the satellite picture of the city. The icons belong to me and the information displayed gives the possibility to add pictures, information and videos. It is a good way to play to make an interactive circuit around the city. I'm still adding information to this map will be updated periodically.

Photo: This page is a gift for my passengers. Usually take pictures of them that I send a link. They can visit the site and remember your tour in the city.

About Us: is the corporate site. It explained what the concept of what we do and what is the way to go. Also stressed people tend to work with me. We are forming a team, made me satisfied.

City Tours: programs we are offering. We wanted to go a step further, creating new channels and new ideas. The best way to empower them is bring them to market.

This article Valparaiso Ventures is the official launch of the site. I hope you enjoy them and hope that it becomes an input to which is the great struggle of Valparaiso to preserve its identity and promoted as a tourist destination. Interesting times ahead, we want and start to fight for a Valparaiso Law and the "Plan Course" is starting to adjust their charts toward the positioning of the city.

Here's a bit.

Leo Silva.

0 comments:

Post a Comment